Butterfly High is a resplendent, picturesque and varicoloured casual dining bar situated on the ground floor of the Jet Airways Godrej G Block in BKC. Their elaborate menu consists of Modern Indian Cuisine along with a variety of delectable cocktails and mocktails. Butterfly High receives a number of footfalls even on weekdays and is also quite popular amongst the corporate employees who work in nearby offices. We visited the place for a luncheon and we were thoroughly impressed by their hospitality, scrumptious servings/beverages and of course the overall ambience.
The ambience has a medieval charm to it with the vintage wooden door at the entrance, the rustic chandeliers, and wooden tables combined with contemporary decor having artificial greens, vibrant and comfortable sofa/chair seating and the overall interior designing. On the occasion of their one year anniversary, the space was decorated with some origami butterfly art on strings and paper lanterns which are eye-catching and add colour to the ambience. The music in the background is soothing and there’s also an LED screen on the left for live sports screening. The open bar section is sumptuous and luminous with light being reflected on the series of stocked up spirit bottles. Speaking of radiance, the casual diner has long window panes in place for brightening the space with natural light. The highlight of the ambience is the wall adorned with the neon-lit logo of Butterfly High which is Instagram-worthy. Overall, the ambience is simply splendid!
Our table was managed by Danny and Suraj who were courteous and polite in their approach. Danny gave us insight into their signature desserts and the idea behind it. Both of them were well versed with the menu and also asked for our feedback on the dishes after being served. Overall, the service was impeccable and prompt.
1) Starfruit Surprise: I opted for Gin as its base ( you can also choose Vodka) and it includes triple sec, lime juice, fresh mint leaves, sparkling wine on top and garnishing of starfruit. The amalgamation of the above blend makes it a vivifying and delectable drink which is mild. If you’re confused about which gin/vodka-based cocktail to go for then this one’s a safe option as it was recommended to me by the bartender himself.
2) Apple Passion Cooler: It’s a citrusy and refreshing mocktail having a mix of apple juice, with hints of Passion Fruit, lime and a twist of kaffir lime. The beverage was presented well with the garnishing of a pineapple slice. If you like fruity mocktails then I’d highly recommend you to taste this one.
1) English Cheddar Tandoori Mushroom: It consists of six mushroom pieces stuffed with orange English cheddar cheese and is cooked in a clay oven. The presentation of the platter was delightful, as was its taste. The tandoori mushroom having the stuffed cheese will literally melt in your mouth along with the spices that add a distinct flavour to the dish. It’s a scrumptious starter option which is best consumed by dipping it into the mint chatni that is served along with it. Highly recommended.
2) Smoked Razoli Kebab: It was suggested to us by the staff as it is one of their hot-sellers. The presentation was again fabulous having five pieces of chicken stuffed with spiced kheema and cheese. The chicken was well cooked and marinated, giving a smokey taste with a balance of all the flavours. It’s quite filling as it has a generous amount of quantity. Must try!
1) Dal Makhani with Traditional Ghee Rice: The appetizing aroma of the ghee rice and dal makhani coupled with the neat presentation just made us drool! The Dal Makhani was non-spicy, flavoursome, creamy and rich on the palate. That combined with the ghee rice, topped with some crunchy nuts, made it even more toothsome. It’s a wholesome meal and can easily pass off in the comfort food category.
2) Paneer Makhani with Ghee Rice: Another favourite from the North Indian cuisine, it was again non-spicy, rich and light on the stomach. The paneer chunks in the gravy were soft and creamy. You can also have it along with the kulcha but we just loved the taste of the ghee rice hence we ordered it again. If you’ve had starters before then you can easily share this dish amongst two people.
1) Bailey’s Banoffee Pie: It’s a classic dessert with a twist that’s different from the traditional Banoffee Pie. It’s the whipped cream having a 30 ML shot of Bailey’s that results in a velvety smooth taste sensation. The coffee flavoured cream, gooey crust, a thin layer of caramel and a mix of banana gives a luscious and delectable taste to the dessert.
2) Mario’s Discovery: This is the highlight of the dining experience as it’s a signature dessert of Butterfly High. It’s definitely one of the most delicious desserts I’ve ever had and I am not even exaggerating here. The presentation looks straight from the fictional world of Lilliput Island. It depicts five full-grown mushrooms in the soil. The mushroom stem is made out of the tasty white chocolate and the circular shape of the mushroom is made of crispy fresh baked macaroons. The depiction of mud is made of crushed chocolate brownie bathed in the chocolate sauce which is absolutely gooey in taste! It’s a luscious and rich dessert which you definitely shouldn’t miss.
In conclusion, Butterfly High has a well-curated menu, amazing hospitality, and a magnificent ambience which will surely make your dining experience worthwhile.
Overall rating: 5/5