Bottle Wottle is situated on the first floor of the Daffodils restaurant, which is near to the Toyota showroom on Link Road, Malad West. It’s the only bar/lounge in the vicinity that serves pure vegetarian dishes with some delightful cocktails/mocktails and other spirits. The lounge primarily serves some delectable dishes from the North Indian, Continental, Chinese and Mexican cuisine. The place with its magnificent ambience, is popular for hosting some happening birthday, cocktail and kitty parties and also has a special discount running for the same. It also hosts Corporate Monday Events, Bollywood Nights, Live Unplugged Performances and many other live events throughout the week.
The plush interiors with leatherbound sofas, vintage lighting set up, the life size wall art of various spirits, posters with witty quotes on the wall and an In-house DJ, gives a party vibe to this exquisite bar set up. It has a well-lit open bar area where you can sit and sip on some lipsmacking signature cocktails/mocktails. It also has LED TV set-up for sport screenings right next to the DJ console, where the in-house DJ drops some latest thumping tracks throughout the evening. The area is well organised with enough space on the aisle for the servers to move around as well as for the patrons to shake a leg on some foot-tapping music. Overall, the splendid set-up and the vibe has my heart.
The staff is well-informed about the ingredients of every dish on the menu and they assisted us as well while ordering some mocktails based on our taste and preferences. The overall service is swift and efficient.
Mocktails ( listed in order of preference):-
1) Quarter: It’s a kiwi and guava based mocktail which was made to precision by the mixologist Govinda, who manages the bar. The sweetness and tanginess of the drink was well balanced and it’s probably the best mocktail you can order at Bottle Wottle, which also compliments well with the veg dishes from their elaborate menu.
Rating : 4.8/5
2) Crown Meh Up: This is one is a citrus/fruit based mocktail having a combination of mango and passion fruit. We added a bit of pepper to the mocktail which added a zing to the after taste of the drink. Highly recommend if you’re looking to order a fruit based mocktail.
3) Bottle Break: The syrup used in the mocktail gives a familiar taste of black currant with a bit of mint. The sweetness is fairly balanced. This dark crimson coloured drink takes the third spot on the list.
4) Sexy Chicks: It’s a milk based mocktail which tastes much like piña colada with some blue curaçao syrup added from the top, which gives a sweet and slightly bitter taste but the cream balances it all out. It’s quite upto the mark!
5) Melon Bull: The glass contained a mix of watermelon syrup and red bull. Since, both the flavours are strong, it needed to be a bit more balanced. When it comes to its presentation, it’s totally Instagram-worthy.
1) Cottage Cheese with Chilli: It’s a classic from the Chinese starter section which is popularly known as Paneer Chilly. The stir-fried paneer was well layered with soy sauce, green chilli sauce, vinegar and ketchup, giving it a tangy and spicy taste. The paneer was soft and the quantity was also adequate.
2) Tandoori Veg Platter: The presentation of the platter was the highlight, much like its delectable taste. The platter consisted of grilled mushrooms, baby corn, potatoes, paneer tikka, broccoli and baked veg seekh kebab. There were three pieces of each of the above
mentioned items and all of it were scrumptious. It’s a must have tandoori appetiser which is quite filling as well. Highly recommended.
3) Crackling Spinach Paneer: Another appetising appetiser straight from the Chinese section, having well marinated paneer with capsicum pieces amidst the dry, textured, and crunchy spinach surrounding it. Again, kudos to the presentation. The panner was soft, the spinach had balanced quantity of salt, making it spicy, crunchy and tangy. Must have!
4) Mix Tacos: The platter had five pieces of tacos consisting of two different varieties of tacos in it. One had a filling of Mexican style beans, corn and tomato stuffing while the other was oozing with cream sauce and sweet corn. Both of which were delicious!
1) Exotic Veg Pizza: It had eight slices of pizza having a topping of bell peppers, onions, baby corn, broccoli and zucchini. The topping tasted fine with the cheese but the base used wasn’t as crunchy as it should be and it could have been better.
2) Mexican Rice with Ranchero Sauce: Ranchero sauce is widely used in Mexican dishes which is savoury in taste and consists of onions, hot peppers, garlic, cumin, paprika and a generous quantity of tomatoes. It has hints of smokiness which complimented the well cooked the Mexican rice which was a bit spicy than usual. Overall, a great main course option to opt from the Rice Box section.
In conclusion, Bottle Wottle, with its resplendent interiors, comfortable seating, great service, splendid music and scrumptious servings, definitely ranks high amongst the other bar places in the vicinity. It’s sure to make your outing a memorable one!