Hill Road is quite popular as a shopping hub of the suburbs but it is also known to house a line of amazing eateries/pubs; Katilyn’s Beer Garden falls just right into that list. The place is situated on the second floor (right above McDonald’s) of Khan House Building at a 15 mins walking distance from Bandra Station. The Pub is quite popular for its range of beers and the delectable servings from the Mexican, Italian, Continental, and Asian cuisine.
Kaitlyn’s Beer Garden has a cozy and welcoming vibe to it, having the signature ambience of a bar place with dim lights. The seating is quite comfortable with both regular and high chairs along with sofa seatings. The sofa seating is quite good and comfortable as you get to see the view outside of the window. The main highlight of the interiors is the artificial flowers and trees which gives a garden-esque feel. Overall, it’s a pretty chill place having enough seating to accommodate large groups as well.
Service and Staff:-
Our table was managed by Mr. Nikhil who was polite, courteous and well-versed with the menu. He recommended us various dishes/beverages as per our taste. The beverages were excellently made by the bartender Mr. Shannon and the chef, Mr. Manoj, gave us some delicious servings. Overall, the service is prompt and the staff here is great!
1. SEX ON THE BEACH: This is a classic cocktail containing vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice and cranberry juice with a garnishing of lemon. The blend was a delight on the palate having the right balance of all the ingredients. If you love citrus/fruity cocktail then you can’t go wrong with this perfection.
2. VIRGIN PINA COLADA: Another classic Puerto Rican drink which was a perfect balance of all the ingredients, namely: pineapple juice, coconut milk, granulated sugar, whipped cream, ice, and vanilla extracts. It’s a vivifying and a perfect drink to sip with the appetizers. The garnishing of pineapple and the glassware used makes it completely insta-worthy. Recommended!
1. HASS AVOCADO TOAST: It consists of six pieces of crisp garlic toast and it’s topped with beetroot spread, mashed avocado mixed with chopped onion, tomatoes, chilli peppers, and feta cheese. The guacamole was absolutely scrumptious and the crispness of the toast was heavenly. I’d really recommend this appetizer.
2. HOMEMADE INDIAN STYLE SOY PANEER TACOS: The soft Soy Panner was infused in spicy tangy seasoning and was excellently cooked in Indian spices. It was served on the bed of soft tortillas, which was light on the bite, having hung curd and was topped with onions. The creative Mexican-Indian fusion dish is definitely a toothsome affair. Must try!
3. HUMMUS AND PITA: The plating of the dish was quite good, although the Hummus was a bit piquant to my liking and the Pita was quite chewy on the bite. The place don’t make their own pita bread so that might be a reason. Overall, the dish needs improvement.
GRILLED TOFU: Firstly, the presentation of the dish was itself appetizing having five slabs of grilled tofu, healthy barley risotto, with a portion of stir-fried vegetables laden in basil sauce. The tofu was light on the bite and a spoonful of risotto with stir-fried veggies was absolutely delish! The basil sauce was the highlight as it made the platter even more flavoursome. Recommended!
Unfortunately, their popular dessert dish i.e the Belgian Chocolate Cake was sold out hence couldn’t have it but would definitely visit next to try that as well.
In conclusion, the place ticks all the right boxes with its cozy ambience, splendid service, and scrumptious servings. Definitely an ideal place for dates or just to hang out with friends.