Amethhyyst gets its name from a gemstone and is indeed a gem of a place if you’re looking for a perfect nightlife ambience. The bar is located on the 3rd Floor of Ambica Acropolis, in Veera Desai. Its elaborate menu has a mix of signature cocktails and dishes from the Continental, Modern Indian and North Indian Cuisine. The place always has some ongoing events like the BollyHop Night amongst others for their patrons so keep a check of it on their social media handles.
It has a perfect nightlife ambience of a pub, having LED screen on the sidewalls and the ceiling that play eye-catching visuals to the tune of the thumping beats played by @djremo_official which would get you foot-tapping as soon as you enter the place. The seating is with the usual high chairs and the comfortable sofas on the side. The place is well-organised with enough seating on the side, making space for a huge dance area right at the centre. The decor is contemporary with a mix of large vintage frames in the corners. The series of lighting again suits the nightlife ambience and are pretty magnificent. Overall, the ambience is exquisite and resplendent.
SERVICE AND STAFF:
The service here is quick and the staff is courteous and well-versed with the menu and the ingredients. Both the beverages and the dishes were promptly served without much wait.
1) WHISKEY SOUR: It’s a classic drink containing whiskey, lemon juice and sugar. You also have an option of adding a dash of egg whites from which it gets its signature foam. The drink was perfectly blended by Nakte who handles the bar. The ingredients were well balanced and the taste was absolutely delectable that we ended up ordering another round of it. Recommended!
2) LONG BEACH ICE TEA: Includes vodka, tequila, light rum, triple sec, gin, and a splash of cola with sour mix. The mix of spirits was well blended but the quantity of sour mix was on the higher end making it bitter in taste.
3) FROZEN MARGARITA: The tequila-based drink having orange liqueur, lime juice and a blend of ice, was vivifying, slushy, and delicious. With the summers on its way, this is a perfect cocktail to unwind on a weekend.
4) FRUIT PUNCH: A fine concoction of juices, ginger ale, sugar syrup and crushed ice was an absolute delight, be it the colour, presentation or the flavour. It’s a refreshing mocktail. Recommended!
1) SPICY CHILLI PANEER BAO: The Bao was soft, having a crisp patty with paneer stuffing inside, some onions sprinkled over and topped with mustard sauce. A different take on the Paneer Bao which is good on the palate.
2) MUMBAI SPECIAL BAO: It’s quite similar to the Paneer Bao having mashed potato stuffing inside the patty, mustard sauce, sprinkled onions and with chilli as accompaniment. It’s a fusion dish between Chinese and Mumbai’s local street food.
3) CHILLI MOUNTAIN MUSHROOMS: The crunchy and scrumptious starter dish is perhaps the best appetizer dish from the menu. It’s a classic Indo-Chinese snack having deep-friend mushrooms coated with cornflour, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Definitely try this delectable dish!
4) DRAGON CIGAR ROLLS: The flavourful stuffing, rolled tightly into spring roll sheets and deep-fried, were crisp, hot, and toothsome in taste. The sauce that came along was a bit off to my liking. The presentation of rolls in glassware was insta-worthy. Recommended!
1) VODKA PANEER PIZZA: Firstly, the presentation of the dish is picture-perfect with flaming vodka drink on the thin-crust pizza. It’s thin crust with quality cheese layered upon it, hence, it’s quite light on the bite. The paneer pieces were soft and the vodka made the pizza taste a bit piquant. Overall, it’s a distinct main course option which is scrumptious with a tad bit of piquant after-taste.
2) Mie Goreng: Mee means the noodles, and goreng refers to stir-frying in both Malay and Indonesian language. The spicy fried noodle dish, which is an integral part of the Indonesian cuisine, had a balance of spicy flavours but could have been a bit better.
3) ASSORTED EXOTIC VEGGIES IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE: The veggies were well-sauteed but the choice of sauce didn’t go with the said dish. The black bean sauce per se has a strong flavour and smell which overpowers that of the veggies. Prefer this dish in some other sauce than the black bean.
1) CHOCOLATE WALNUT BROWNIE WITH ICE-CREAM: The presentation of the dessert with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and ice-cream topped with a cherry, was appetizing and drool-worthy. The brownie having walnut pieces was itself so gooey, soft and luscious that it marked the perfect end to the dining experience.
In conclusion, Amethhyyst is as unique as its name, having a perfect nightlife ambience, great music and scrumptious servings which definitely makes it worth a visit.
Overall rating: 4/5