As a frequent traveler(and social animal 😉 ), I need to book tickets frequently. And for convenience, I have the railway’s tickets booking app(IRCTC) installed in my phone.
Few hours back I received an email from IRCTC side to download the beta version of the new IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app on Google play store. Out of curiosity, I clicked the link and installed the yet-to be released app. The new beta version looks better the old app that I have on my phone and after trying different options, I am trying to figure out the main differences and improvements(as per IRCTC and my experience):
- New Users, register and activate from App directly(earlier, the app used to open the original irctc.co.in registration page)
- Advanced security features to use self-assigned PIN to login without entering username and password on each login. One step login to existing users (huge improvement, saves time)
- Ladies & Premium Tatkal quota booking support added.
- Current reservation facility.
- Integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle free transactions.
- Boarding point change functionality.
- IRCTC website’s tickets are now synchronized with app. Now users can view, cancel or file TDR of e-tickets booked through official website and vice-versa.(this change was needed, as existing app shows tickets booked through app only)
- Users can view the status of e-tickets booked through our authorized Online Travel Agents (OTA).
- Users can view and cancel old mobile app tickets also.
- The new UI is far-far better than the existing app(old app).